For this weeks assignment we had to take photos at night. I took photos in front of my house, as well as in my kitchen on the floor in the dark at night. I used my fiance’s action figures as a focus because I thought it would be cool to make the characters from Star Wars come to life. I also had my roommate play with a flashlight while I took pictures of him.
- A DSLR is a digital single lens reflex camera.
- Manual: where you control everything about the photo. Shutter: where you control the shutter speed. Portrait: good for taking portraits of people.
- shadows, white balance, highlights
- worms eye view, birds eye view, rule of thirds, black and white, framing, centered, portrait, landscape, silhouette
- the library is where you look at all your photos, organize them, and import and export them.
- The meta data is where you can find all the information of the photo: the iso, the focal length, the shutter speed, etc.
- crop tool, brush tool, exposure tool
- the eyedropper tool helps you find the white balance, the histogram helps you move around the different levels within the photograph.
- butterfly, the artist with the weird name where you cast a triangle on the cheek, above lighting, below lighting, straight on lighting.
- we rename them in lightroom and name them after where we took the pictures.
Today for photography class we went to San Elijo Town Square in Elfin Forest to take pictures of the architecture and our classmates. We worked with different lighting techniques. My favorite filter for the light was the blue tint we added. It was fun to shoot on location. I narrowed it down to six this week instead of five because I couldn’t get rid of another one 😀
Today we went to Walnut Grove Park to photograph the things we see there. I went off the trail a little bit and found an abandoned truck that looked like it had been there for a long, long time. A beer perched on top of the truck and I couldn’t resist taking its photo. It was a fun trip, and the dried foliage really added to the rustic look of my photos.
My name is Paige. I’m a literature major with an emphasis is creative writing, and a visual arts minor. I’m in my last year of school at CSUSM. I’m striving to be a comic book artist/author. Because the comic book industry isn’t the biggest here in the United States, I’m currently learning Japanese so I can work there in the future. I have a cat and a dog, which I’m sure you will see pictures of since they’re the cutest balls of fluff. I will be using photography to capture life around me so I can become a better artist. With this blog, I hope to tell stories through my pictures, and I hope you enjoy seeing the stories that are inside of my head.
It’s like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.